Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Thanksgiving Story 2009




I woke up happy on Thanksgiving morning and I couldn't wait to eat my food. Mom told me about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I saw the balloons and there was a Sesame Street balloon that was very big and it was very heavy. I wanted to watch my show on Disney Channel but I missed it. I liked the parade and I thought it sounded cool. When I came downstairs I saw Dad watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It sounded fun to watch the parade on TV. I told Grandma Bee as she woke up, "Happy Thanksgiving!". She sounded surprised once she heard me talk to her. That afternoon, we were listening to a Mary Hopkins music video on YouTube called "Those Were The Days". When Mom was cooking the turkey in the kitchen, I was helping her cook as much as I could. She said it would be ready by 5:30 PM and it would take about 20-30 minutes for it to cool down because it was in the oven for about more than an hour. I wanted to help Mom as best as I could because she was cooking and I wanted to help set out the dishes and cups and put them on the dining room table. Mom was proud of me and Grandma and Dad told me what a wonderful job I did. Even though it was a hot kitchen I did my best. When the turkey was ready, Mom used the gloves because it was really really hot. She served it in the dining room with all the trimmings like sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy. Mom was upset that I didn't eat the turkey or the other stuff. Even though I don't like turkey or cranberry sauce or any of those other foods, at least I liked the mashed potatoes. We had a good dinner and I was getting full. That night, I was listening to some music on Rhapsody and I kept on saying when I saw Dad playing Christmas music "It's not Christmas, It's not Christmas". After we listened to the music on Rhapsody, Dad let me have some time to play music and I pretended to be a DJ. I even got to see one of my favorite movies which was Bee Movie with Barry Benson and Vanessa the Florist. When it was time for bed I told Mom that I had a good Thanksgiving meal. I went to bed and dreamed about a turkey. The End.
Matty Iannielli
Helped by Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment