Friday, November 20, 2009

What I like about school and weekends off




I started going to school at North Side School and I was there only for Kindergarten. After that I went to Summit Lane Elementary School from Grade 1 to Grade 4. Then I moved to the school I am in right now which is Jonas E. Salk Middle School. I hope I stay in that school until I finish middle school. Now I wake up at 6:30 in the morning and I am very tired so sometimes I sleep on the bus. In Elementary School I woke up at 7:50 AM and the bus came at about 8:30 AM for school. At least that was much better. My Middle School bus comes at around 7:00 AM. Before I am on the bus I get dressed, eat breakfast and put on my backpack to get ready for school.

I like going to school there but the worst thing about it is waking up too early. I try to do my best on Math, Language Arts, Spelling, Science and Social Studies. I try to be on my best behavior and focus in school but on some days Mrs. Eber yells at me but I still am trying my best at that time. I hope I got a 100 on my score of my New York State Social Studies Test. I go to Family and Consumers every day of school at around 8:25 in the morning. What I do in that class is find out things I can or can't do. I also find out what I want to be when I grow up. At 5th period I go to Lunch and eat my peanut butter and crackers sandwich that Mom packs me. Sometimes I get lunch money and buy a bagel with butter. At 7th period I go to either Gym or Music. In Gym I walk around the track to get my exercise. Before Gym is over I go on the scooters and catch the hula-hoop. In Music class I play the xylophone and hit the bars to make a song for practice. At 8th period I go to Art class and paint a picture. I go to Art class every school day. Sometimes I go to Speech at 9th period, which is the last period of the day before I go home from school. In Speech we learn about certain holidays and new words of the day. I pack up before the bell rings for the bus. I get ready to go home and I say goodbye to my teachers and say "see you tomorrow" or on Friday we say "see you on Monday".

I think school is good for me. I know it helps me learn but sometimes the Math has too much problems and I think I can't finish them. I like school but the only problem about school is that I have to wake up in the middle of 6 in the morning. I like my teacher because she is nice and doesn't yell at me. I like school because I learn new things and I play with friends. I think school is a lot of fun. The End.



Matty Iannielli
Helped by Terry Gonzales (Grandma Bee)

No comments:

Post a Comment