Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why I don't like my name to be called Matthew











Do you notice that there is the name Matty in my first blog post called Introduction? That is because I like Matty better than Matthew because I think Matty sounds shorter and better. It is like my Grandma doesn't want to be called Teresa and she likes to be called Terry. Another reason why is because I have a great great grandfather named Matthew Iannielli. My grandfather Pop (which I call Popcorn) was surprised that I was named Matty because he realized that there is a Matthew in the family which was his grandfather. Those are some reasons why I don't like to be called Matthew. I have a very long name. It is called Matty Edward Donald Gonzales Iannielli IV. I have my great uncle Donald Iannielli so I wanted to have Matty Donald Iannielli in my name. That is how I wanted to be named Edward Iannielli IV or Matty Iannielli.

Once when I was about 4 years old and we lived in 47 Raspberry Lane in Levittown, New York, I wanted to be nicknamed Shake It Up Iannielli because I thought that would be a really silly name. Do you know where I got it from? I got it from a song sang by The Cars and the song was named Shake It Up. When grandma was riding on an MTA Bus, someone asked if my Grandma had a grandson named Shake It Up and Grandma Bee was very surprised because she didn't recognize the guy. And then the guy introduced his name and he said that they were visiting in Raspberry Lane with his friend Eugene. So Grandma said "Yes, I do".

I also remember when I had an imaginary friend named Frank Russet like the kind of potato. I believed in him from 2004 to 2006 because I thought it was time to move on. I also remember when I liked to be called Matthew. I didn't mind and I felt happy with it. When I realized that my mother used to tease me and say "Achoo Macho". When I remembered that I wanted to be called Matty. I remember at Helping Hands the teachers I met were nice but then I said my name is M. One time when I was in 4th grade I changed my name to Matty. That is how I changed my name to Matty instead of Matthew.

I think I like this name more often. If I talk to a friend I will tell them that my name is Matty. I think these things sound a lot better. I think it is important to have these names. The End.


Matty Iannielli
Helped by Terry Gonzales (my Grandma)

No comments:

Post a Comment