Friday, October 2, 2009

Why I like cars and how I played with my toy cars











I remember when I was about 3 or 4 years old when my mom, dad, family, friends and relatives would ask me to name a car that they pointed to I would be able to name it correctly about 95 percent of the time. They were so impressed that they would do this all the time when they saw me and I always felt confident that I knew the car they asked me about. In addition to being able in naming the car I could also identify the company that made the car. The car company names are Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, GMC, Volkswagen and more. I remember when my dad wanted to try to get me on the Jay Leno show to see how really good I was but the letter he sent to his management probably was never read because we never heard from them. It would have been nice to have met Jay because he has an impressive car and motorcycle collection.

As I'm older I don't have the same interests but I still like cars. In fact one of my favorite movies is Pixar's Cars. I liked that movie but in the movie Lightning McQueen did not win the Piston Cup so I wanted to make a Cars 2 movie where Lightning McQueen wins the Piston Cup. By the way, Cars 2 came out in Summer 2011.

When I was around 5 years old I went on the Internet and I did a Google search for Toyota and I got to their web site and I managed to the screen where you fill out your name and phone number and address and I submitted it not knowing what it meant. About a week later mom received a phone call from Toyota asking to speak to Mr. Matthew Iannielli and mom said what is this call about? The person who called said that Matthew was interested in buying a Toyota. Mom then said that it was not possible because Matthew is only 5 years old. So mom and the person calling both had a good laugh and the caller said you have some intelligent son. I remember mom told me about this and I was laughing too and she said no more filling out applications on the Internet.

It seemed every time dad went out to the store he would pick me up a toy Matchbox or Hot Wheels toy car and every Christmas Santa would bring me a lot of toy cars and even Grandpa. And now I have such a collection that if I line them all up in the living room like a traffic jam it looks like a parking lot. Mom always tells me to put them away when I'm done.

I also enjoy looking at old fashioned cars and I think that comparing them to today's cars is amazing because of all the changes. I will post pictures of some of the cars I like and welcome anyone to comment on this blog and write what is your favorite car. My favorite sports car is the Ford Mustang and my mom loves that car. My favorite practical car is the Toyota Prius because of it's design and it's purpose of using less gas and being easier on the environment. I love cars and always will love cars even though I feel that I may have outgrown playing with my toy cars like I used to when I was little. The End.



Matty Iannielli
Helped by Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment