Friday, October 9, 2009

Why I like Halloween











When I was 5 years old I loved candy a lot and I thought it was fun going to Hershey Park in Summer 2004. I became a make-believe employee of the Hershey factory. I got my name tag and my picture was taken. I always enjoyed receiving candy and presents during the holidays and I like Halloween because I like getting candy and going trick-or-treating near my house.

I also like to wear a costume on Halloween. I remember some of the costumes mom bought me. One Halloween I was dressed as the Cat in the Hat. Another costume I wore in 2003 when I was 4 years old was a bumblebee where we went to the pizza place after trick-or-treating and all the girls said what a cute little bumblebee. I also remember being SpongeBob SquarePants for a costume on Halloween of 2007 and 2008. In 2006 I was a Yankee player. The other one was when I was a Jack-O-Lantern.

When I was about 2 years old I was a Hershey bar for Halloween. Mom thought that was cute.

When it is Halloween I like giving out the candy to the kids and counting how many trick-or-treaters came to the house. I also like buying candy at the store for the kids. Before it gets dark my mom takes me trick-or-treating and we usually go around the block first. Then we go to Hyacinth and then Azalea and a little bit of Buttercup. When I go around the neighborhood to some of the houses of our neighbors mom makes sure I am polite and I say trick-or-treat and thank you for the candy. All of the neighbors are very nice and give me lots of nice candy. Sometimes when I go up to a house there are 10 other kids trick-or-treating. They say Happy Halloween and I say Happy Halloween back to them. Sometimes some of the houses have no one at the door and I say goodbye and go to the next open house with a light on. Mom is always a safe distance away and when I walk back up to her she asks me what did I get? And I say out loud, candy! After we have gone to many houses and collected a good amount of candy mom tells me we have to go home now because it's getting dark. And I listen and say goodbye to the kids and tell them to have a Happy Halloween! Then when we get home mom looks through the candy and then she makes sure I put it away and don't eat too much. Then I feel happy and say goodnight to grandma and say Happy Halloween to her. Mom and dad let me watch the Charlie Brown Halloween DVD before I go to bed and I enjoy the movie. Then I thank mom for taking me trick-or-treating and she says you're welcome and then I go to bed and say goodnight to mom, dad, grandma and SpongeBob. Then I dream of a candy bar and say goodbye to October. Then I have the sweetest dream ever.

Halloween reminds me of ghosts, pumpkins, jack-o-lanterns, mummies, vampires, monsters, witches and bats. I think Halloween is one of my favorite days ever. The End.



Matty Iannielli
Helped by Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment